Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yippie kay yay mother f*cker

Originally, I was going to copy and paste some "Leaving on a Jet Plane" lyrics and then make a joke but I discovered it's not possible...because the song is incredibly sad...which would've just made this introduction so awkward for us, you know?

Only a few hours ago I finished packing. Wow. I hate it. I barely managed to choose personal necessities that all together weigh under 50 Ibs. I envy dudes or simple girls (shout out to Madhvi) who just say "whatever covers it" and throw a modest amount of clothes in their bag.

So tonight's my last night in STL and I will spend it with a celebratory routine of snuggling in bed with my laptop trying to find something funny, choose a ghost show instead, and then unsuccessfully try and sleep with a bright lamp on. I can't help it, I was Born This Way...

Then tomorrow evening the rents and I trek to Chicago. We've got a nice ride, have you heard of Slightly Damaged Dodge Caravan Because Your Youngest Didn't See That Column Of Cement While Backing Out? Top of the line. I will probably spend the entire ride trying to nap but then suddenly wake because I am choking on my own spit (that only happens it that car, it's odd...) or mindlessly looking out the window, ignoring the farmer's fields and his creepy abandoned barns, because I am too busy daydreaming about my romantic encounter with Ewan McGregor or that one dude from Grey's Anatomy.

Oh man. Then I get dropped off at the airport the next day and it's off to Rome! I know this sounds really mushy, but I think I will miss home. I guess. (sarcasm)

1 comment: