Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus

So last night, I had pizza. And it almost made me barf. I did not have multiple champagne fruit bowls, so don't blame it on that. If you joke about that when I speak too you I will be disappointed 'cause a young-person-drinking-elbow-nudge type of joke gets old real quick. Only I hold the right to make that joke. And don't take this the wrong way but I have a good tolerance for alcohol...Shout out to Taylor Fance 'cause it's a wildly suggestive and inappropriate place to do so!!! Ha.



Explored Rome some more with a walking tour for my class Barons, Popes and Patrons. Ended it with the Parthenon, 118- 125CE I believe? During the Medieval period lots of ancient buildings were destroyed to utilize the materials for other purposes but the Parthenon was saved because the medieval people decided to just use the building as a church. The top of the dome is made of cement that gradually becomes thin the closer it comes to the oculus (the circle letting the sun in) and you can see in the picture of the wall how impressive the architecture is because it the niches, columns and such allow the weight of the cement to funnel through the building rather than just apply pressure until the walls collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment