Sunday, February 5, 2012

Omg, Santa Claus, I need a DVD player

Over the weekend it snowed! Rome is so pretty with snow. There were a lot of people outside during the day throwing snowballs and walking their dogs. Me and a friend even two bros leaving a pharmacy laughing with giant tuberware lids, definitely planning on sledding

Also, there were moon boots freakin' everywhere!!! Check them out, so awesome:

http://www.moonboot.it/#/en/home

My friends and I decided that we would slack off on our homework as a fresh start to the new semester and walk around the downtown area instead. We found that the main shopping street was gated off to cars and everyone was on the streets! (That's what the picture above shows.) It was so cool and I bought a 30 euro purse for only 8 euro. Freakin' steal.

Here's another pic of what I saw Sat night:


Today, I went to listen to some Gregorian chant. Badass. I went to mass for about 15 min to hear the monks and it was amazing. I was so used to just hearing them on my laptop envisioning scary men with black cloaks only holding candles to barely show their faces. This mass was not like that. It was at 9 am first of all, and second, they did not have their hoods up, which would've been pretty awesome, but since it was an average Sunday maybe they chose to take it down a notch.

Then I went to a flee (sp?) market. A giant flee market in Trestevere and it was amazing. They had everything. They sold bras, watches, iPhone chargers, hub caps, food and soooo many jackets. Badass jackets are my thing so it was nice to know I only had 5 euro or...shit would've gone down in my closet. Now I know and am preparing myself for this coming Sunday. Yes mother, I am going to buy another jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment